planting shrubs - Knowledgebase Question

Crawfordsville, In
Question by WitchyLizzyB
If I wanted to put down plastic to keep weeds from growing around my shrubs, what kind should I use?

0

Plastic will keep weeds from popping up in your garden bed but it will also block water from reaching the roots of your plants. Instead of plastic (which won't last more than a couple of years), invest in weed block landscape fabric. It will keep weeds from growing and it will allow water to percolate down into the soil (it has microscopic holes within the fabric). Healthy soil equals healthy plants. Landscape weed barrier fabric will last a decade so it's well worth the investment for a weed free garden. It comes in rolls and you can cut it to fit the bed and to fit around your existing plants. Best wishes with your garden!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"