Hydrangeas - Knowledgebase Question

Kearneysville, We
Question by reneerider
My fiance and I bought 2 diff.types of Hydrangeas this spring & we need to move them as I think they are getting too much sun. It was scorching hot this summer with very little to no rain. They are in direct sunlight all day. We watered every night to every other night, even if to just wet the leaves and perk them back up. We want to move them to the side of the house and we need to know when.

0

I think moving your hydrangeas is a good idea! When they receive afternoon sunshine they try to conserve moisture by wilting. They recover overnight and look fine, but as soon as the sun gets hot, they flop over again. I think they look terribly sad when this happens! Try to find a spot in your landscape with about 4 hours of morning sun (for good flowering), but shade from hot afternoon sunshine. You can dig and transplant your hydrangeas now. They will settle in over the remaining fall and early winter and by next spring will be established and ready to grow for you. Enjoy your garden!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"