Meyer Lemon Tree Leaves Falling Off! - Knowledgebase Question

Watertown, Co
Question by holycrosskid
Help me! I live in Connecticut and I just brought in two of my meyer lemon trees inside for the winter. Now after a week, most of the leaves on the smaller one are curling and falling off, and some of the new growth is too! Is there any explanation?

0

The explanation for the dropping leaves is that your trees are trying to adjust to the sudden change in light intensity, temperatures and humidity they are finding inside your home. Things are much different in your home than they were outdoors and your trees are showing some stress. They can generally be coaxed into suffering less environmental stress if you make the move from outdoors to in or indoors to out a gradual one. In the fall, simply move the trees indoors overnight and take them back outdoors during the day. Keep them indoors for longer and longer periods of time each day until at the end of a week they are spending 24 hours a day inside. Reverse this process in the spring. At this point, there's not much you can do to stop the leaf shedding. Your trees will leaf out again as soon as they adjust to their new homes indoors. Just be patient with your trees.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"