Fall container vegetables - Knowledgebase Question

Lady Lake, Fl
Question by visnyai
What vegetables would be appropriate to plant in containers in this area during the fall months...starting in Sept.? I've planted tomatoes, bell peppers, strawberries and cucumbers so far...none have flowered as yet. Are these veggies appropriate and what other ones may I plant during the Sept., Oct, Nov. time frame?

0

The best veggies for fall planting include the cool season crops: broccoli, cabbage, collards, and lettuces. The warm season crops you've mentioned will grow but probably won't produce when temperatures are below about 80F. The University of Florida Cooperative Extension has an excellent publication you can download that lists the best planting dates for various vegetables. I hope you find it helpful: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/vh021

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Aster and Sedum"