king palm - Knowledgebase Question

orlando, Fl
Question by jackahoffman
hi..we have a king palm , last dec/jan one of the tree got damaged and died from the cold weather, the other one is doing ok, it just has green on the truck and looks like the middle frong ( leave ( wants to grow out of the top, but still has not grown out yet, do you think the palm still has a chance? should i water it more? fertilize it? thanks

0

It sounds as though your King palm is taking its time trying to recover from the winter damage it experienced. New growth is a good sign so I think your palm has a chance to recover. You can try feeding with a specialized palm fertilizer to give it a boost. Regular watering is necessary, but too much water is not so good for the roots. Just water deeply every 10-15 days and that should help. I hope you see lots of new growth now that the weather is cooling down a bit. Good luck with your King palm!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"