Spider like plant on trees - Knowledgebase Question

Trinity, Fl
Question by burtgrace
What are those strange growths that I keep finding on my tropical trees I know they are not bugs. Maybe some kind of weed. The best way I can discribe them is they look like a spider with a small body and a lot of legs.Most are about 1/2

0

What you describe sounds like a plant gall of some kind. Galls are abnormal growths caused by insects or by fungus. Without the opportunity to see them, I can't really identify what's causing the abnormal growths. Just out of curiosity, I'd collect a few, place them in a sealable plastic bag and take them to your local cooperative extension office for positive identification. I'm not sure which of the following extension offices are closest for you: 19490 Oliver St, Brooksville - (352) 754-4433
or 36702 State Road 52, Dade City, Florida - (352) 521-4288. Best wishes with your trees.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"