Something is digging up my lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Norridge, Il
Question by iovinelli1
I woke up this morning to 3 large sections of my lawn torn up. Something dug into the surface, about an inch deep, in a bunch of little 3 inch or less circles. I am assuming it is possums or skunks and was wondering what I can do to recover the lawn and, more importantly, prevent it from occuring again.

0

Raccoons, skunks, possums and even squirrels will sometimes explore a lawn in search of fat, juicy grubs. If they find any, they'll be back. If they don't find any, they will likely look elsewhere for a midnight snack. I'd replace as much of the turf as possible and water it well to help it root in the ground. You can try spraying the area with a liquid deterrent (Deer Away or Ropel) to keep them from digging again. Hope this helps!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"