How to control the decollate snails - Knowledgebase Question

austin, Te
Question by voranik
Hi,

I have thousands of these decollate snails in my lawn. Here is their information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D...

I believe these are put intentionally to defend against bad slugs and snails.

Maybe the previous owner put some of these in the lawn. Now they have multiplied exponentially and are all over the patio and driveway.

Can you suggest a natural or other control?

0

You're referring to Decollate Predatory Snails (Rumina decollata). These can be purchased and are released into landscapes to prey on the common slugs and snails. The problem with importing them is they can upset the natural balance of other predators in your garden. This means you can inherit future problems in your garden by changing the natural balance. These can be controlled with an iron based slug control product such as Sluggo or Escar-go. Either will control all kinds of snails and slugs.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Mixed Coleus"