bug eaten Iris in Florida - Knowledgebase Question

Havana, Fl
Question by mcquayh
I have 3 iris plants that are either not growing or seem to be getting eaten by bugs that I don't see, though I have seen some look long legged spiders on them occassionally.One of them is planted in the ground where it gets morning sun and is shadded by pines another is in a planter in the same area and I moved the third to another area in a plannter. How do I fix these two problems?

0

It's possible your irises are not getting adequate sunshine and those that are planted beneath the pine tree may be struggling with dry, acidic soils. Pine tree roots will compete with other plants for moisture and nutrients. Since pines have larger root systems than irises, they will win the battle. Try moving your irises to a sunnier spot - at least 6 hours of sunshine per day, and somewhere where they won't have to compete with larger plants for moisture and nutrients. I think you'll see a big improvement in their performance. Best wishes with your garden.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"