Re-seeding of the lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Cheshire, Co
Question by niuc
Dear Sir/Madam,
I have a slope lawn. The grass was dead due to the dry summer. I have to re-seed the lawn. I have some questions about the re-seeding.
1). Is October a good time to re-seed the lawn?
2). I live in Connecticut. I see the advertisement about the

0

October is usually a good time to overseed lawns. Rake the lawn first to provide places for the grass seeds to rest (as close to the soil as possible so the roots can establish well). Smart Seeds are grass seed mixtures that have been treated with a moisture retaining compound. This allows them to germinate and grow without a lot of after-seeding care. This property will actually help ensure success if you're planting on a slope because if you need to water a lot, the seeds can float down the slope. With the treated seeds you'll still need to water, but not quite as often as with conventional seeds. Be sure to follow the directions on the seed package and you'll end up with a fabulous lawn. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"