Stink bug control - Knowledgebase Question

ST. PETERS, Mi
Question by jstreet766
do we sell anything to killl these nasty stink bugs? Inside and/or outside. Customers asking.

0

I wish there were an easy answer. Bonide's Total Pest Control can be used outdoors but there's not really anything effective for indoor use. Common recommendations include vacuuming them up and immediately disposing of the vacuum bag. Other suggestions include sealing cracks around windows, doors, siding, utility pipes, behind chimneys and other openings to the outside with silicone or silicone-latex caulk. Repair damaged screens on doors and windows. Use caulk around cracks near baseboards, around window and door trim, and around exhaust fans or lights fixtures mounted in ceilings, and use an outdoor pest control product in the fall all around the foundation of your house to keep them from coming in. The problem associated with using an insect spray indoors is that if you do manage to kill the pests they will remain in the walls and under the carpets. Dead insects attract carpet beetles and other invaders so your clients will end up with a different insect problem. I'd suggest any that are found indoors be vacuumed up or picked up and thrown outdoors. Wish there were other solutions.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"