problem guide - Knowledgebase Question

Clearwater, Fl
Question by sfield3
my lantana plants are not blooming like they should although the leaves are growing like crazy. One of the plants has brown round areas on the leaves. (may be a fungus???) Do you have a guide related to plant problems?

0

Wish there were an easy to use guide, but plants can develop all kinds of problems related to cultural care, environmental exposure, diseases and insects so it would take a book with loads of photos to be of any use to you in diagnosing the problems your plants develop. Lantana usually blooms well in the heat but often takes about 6 weeks off during the summer months (depending upon cultivar). The browning leaf margins can indicate fertilizer burn, salt build up in the soil, over watering or even underwatering. I'd prune off the affected plant parts. Pruning encourages new growth and will also promote flowering. While your lantana may have developed a fungus, you can stop the spread by pruning away the affected leaves rather than use a fungicide. Removing the fungal spores will keep the disease from spreading to other leaves. Best wishes with your garden.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"