Lavender - Knowledgebase Question

Livermore, Ca
Question by lejoda
There're many tiny lavender plants (about 3 to 6 inches) growing in my garden. I believe they're from the seeds of the big lavender plant. I would like to transfer them to another part of the garden. Will these plants survive the autumn and winter weather? Or do I need to put them in pots and bring them indoor? Thanks

0

Your new lavender plants can be successfully moved to other parts of the garden. There are two thoughts on this - because they are volunteers and because they are so small, I'd be inclined to leave them where they are until next spring. They're obviously happy growing where they are and if you leave them alone until spring in the places they chose to grow, they should sail through the winter months without problem. On the other hand, smaller plants are much easier to dig and move, and they suffer less transplant shock. The choice is yours, but I'd vote to leave them where they are for now and move them in the spring.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Lilac"