Zone 5 Mum Selection - Knowledgebase Question

Joliet, Il
Question by emailneka
I live in Illinois and I'm looking for perennial mums to plant in my garden. I'm leaning towards bright orange to compliment the purple asters already there, but I'm open to suggestions. A friend suggested 'Vicky', but I haven't been able to find this variety in any HD stores near me. Please point me in the right direction!

0

There are so many hardy chrysanthemums with bright orange flowers that I hardly know where to start! Vicky is an excellent choice; 'Dazzling Stacy Orange', 'Fancy Ursula Orange', 'Brunette Barbie', 'Miranda Orange', 'Olivia Orange', and 'Spicy Cheryl Orange' are also good choices. These are all commonly grown and I'm sure you'll find just the right orange mum in your local HD garden center. Enjoy the fall color!

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"