Drooping liriope - Knowledgebase Question

Coral Springs, Fl
Question by pbeauerb
Have beautiful cover of liriope plants around a large tree in our front yard. Plants are about 2 feet tall and well developed. Recently after every rain sections of the plant lay down flat like they have been walked on. Is there something I can do to keep them strong and upright?

0

I'm afraid the length of the blades coupled with the weight of the rainwater are responsible for your lirope falling over. It's possible the leaves will eventually raise themselves up again but if they don't you can prune your plants back to remove the floppy foliage and to encourage healthy new growth. Wish there were a way to keep this from happening again, but aside from regular fall or winter pruning to keep the plants short, you'll run the risk having this happen again. Best wishes with your garden.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"