Papaya - Knowledgebase Question

davie, Fl
Question by digsalot08
How can I get the papayas to ripen more quickly? The fruit has been on the tree for 2 months,remaining green.
Also, is there a variety of mango that grows only to 12 feet? And where can i buy it ?
Thank you in advance. I live outside ft. Lauderdale

0

There's not much you can do to hurry the ripening process. Papaya can be ripened off the plant after appearance of a yellow tinge at the apical end, but the fruit attains best quality if harvest is delayed until the fruit is completely yellow.

Carrie mango is a dwarf tree, sometimes called ?condo mango?. It is an ultra compact grower, suitable for container growing on a balcony, or planting in a suburban backyard. There are other small versions of mango and they should be readily available in garden centers. Just look for "dwarf" or "compact" when choosing your mango tree.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"