manvilla leaves gfalling off - Knowledgebase Question

forked river, Ne
Question by jacsfla67
this is the second year I've brought my manvilla inside and the leaves keep falling off. Its in the same pot as when outside how do I stop this from happening.

0

Your mandevilla is simply reacting to the change in light levels, temperature and humidity levels from outdoors to in. Sometimes you can avoid the leaf drop problem if you move the plant indoors gradually. Next time try moving it into a shady spot outdoors for a few days, then taking it in at night and back outdoors during the day. Keep it in for longer and longer periods of time each day. This process shouldn't take more than about a week and you should see fewer fallen leaves when it finally stays indoors 24 hours a day. At this point you can simpy prune your mandevilla back to remove the bare stems and to encourage healthy new growth. Enjoy your mandevilla!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"