Falling leaves - Knowledgebase Question

Plantation, Fl
Question by grace16
We have two large frangapani trees in front of our house. They are dropping an excess of leaves which are quite dry and brittle. They have not bloomed in quite a while. Are they going through a transition, are they sick, are they salvagable? Please advise.

0

Leaf drop at this time of year is normal for plumeria. The leaves usually turn yellow before they drop. If your trees are dropping leaves that are still green and they seem brittle, there may be a problem with the roots due to water stress. It's difficult to adequately water a large tree without some help from Mother Nature in the form of a deep soaking rain. You can only hope that you'll get soaking rains to help your trees out. In the meantime, there's not much you can do other than to rake and remove the fallen leaves from beneath the trees. I hope after they rest this winter they will rebound and develop healthy new leaves - and some spectacular flowers!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"