Mixing Types of Grass - Knowledgebase Question

Villa Rica, Ge
Question by aaronbracer
I hired a landscaper to grade, reseed the grass in my backyard. I asked for fescue as I was told that I had fescue already back there but after several weeks, it appears he laid down Bermuda cause it looks just like my grass up front. Thing is, I like the Bermuda but I now have 2 types of grass. Can I seed Bermuda over the existing fescue and it will take over? Is it too late for this year? Thanks

0

You can overseed with bermuda but since bermuda grows best in the summer heat, I'd wait until next spring to overseed the lawn. There are several varieties of bermuda so matching the existing lawn might mean you'll have to do some research. How about phoning the landscaper to see what type of seed was sown or digging up a few sprigs and taking it to your local cooperative extension office or well staffed nursery for help with identification? Once you know for sure what you're growing you can get the same seeds. Contact UGA Cooperative Extension, 8700 Hospital Dr, Douglasville, GA 30134-2264 phone (770) 920-7224

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"