flowers to plant for winter months in SC - Knowledgebase Question

Murrells Inlet, So
Question by Susiet05
Hi I am looking to plant flowers for the winter in my garden-I live in Myrtle Beach,SC.
Love pansys but so do the deer-what else can I plant that will flower thru the winter? Violas I know are one and snapdragons any more?

0

There are lots of half-hardy annuals you can plant to add color to your fall and winter garden. Here are a few to consider planting:
Allysum (Lobularia maritima), Annual Phlox (Phlox drummondi), Dianthus (Sweet William), Foxglove (Digitalis purpurea 'Foxy'), Johnny-jump-up (Viola tricolor),
Larkspur (Consolida ambigua), Pansy (Viola x wittrockiana), Pot Marigold (Calendula officinalis), Snapdragon (Antirrhinum majus), Stocks (Matthiola incana),
Sweet Peas (Lathyrus odoratus). I also plant ornamental kale and primroses for fall and winter color.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Geranium maderense"