fiddle-leaf fig - Knowledgebase Question

salem, In
Question by dliebert
i have a fiddle-leaf code IHDAO159. a lot(about 10 big ones) have fallen off,it was in a corner with the north window on one side & east on the other,? a lot of light,i water it about twice a week,& let all the water drain off. if i touch it leaves start falling!! i moved it to a south window with more light. Hope you can help!! Thank's.

0

If you're new to Ficus, the fiddle leaf fig is a good place to start. They are one of the easiest Ficus to grow. Their large leaves collect a lot of light so you can place them in a place where the light is only moderate. But, for optimum growth, place your plant in bright filtered light or even an hour or two of direct sunshine. Check each week to see if your plant needs water. It's important to water throughly until water flows out of the drainage holes and then allowing the soil to dry an inch or two down from the surface before watering again. Don't allow your plant to sit in a saucer of water or root rot will develop. You can feed monthly while your plant is growing; bi-monthly during the winter months. I use a half strength dilution of water soluable fertilizer such as Peter's or Miracle Gro. If your plant is dropping its lower leaves it may simply be adjusting to its new home. The light levels, humidity and water routine may be slightly different than it is accustomed to and it is trying to adjust. Make sure you are not overwatering. Instead of watering by the calendar, water only when the top half inch of soil is dry. I hope your plant adjusts soon and stops dropping those leaves!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Daylily & Lantana"