Texas Persimmon and Meyer Lemon trees - Knowledgebase Question

austin, Te
Question by rogerbh
We have very rocky and clay soil with limestone in our backyard. It gets a ton of sum all day long. We are considering planting the Texas Persimmon and Meyer Lemon trees. Would these be a good choice for our house in NW Austin, Texas? Thanks.

0

The Texas Persimmon Tree is on the City of Austin's tree recommendation list so I think it's a good choice for your landscape. It grows well in your native soil and climate. The Meyer lemon tree will grow in your region but may struggle in your soil. If you decide to plant one, either grow it in a container or build an island or mound of soil so it can sit high above your soil level and enjoy excellent drainage. I've made islands by mounding up topsoil, gradually sloping the sides to meet the native soil. Best wishes with new trees.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Daylily & Lantana"