Mold on Lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Modesto, Ca
Question by bengarza79
Help, I have this continuing problem of what looks like cat puke or something very close to it on the grass. I have tried to watch it off with the water hose but this stuff will not move and it just sits there. Can it be some type of fungus or something very close to it????

0

What you describe is probably a fungal disease and it's probably worse in the spring and fall months during periods of high moisture. Is it possible that your lawn is unhealthy due to poor soil, low organic matter, low fertility and low or high pH? The best strategy to avoid further disease is to try improving the overall health of your lawn. Dolomitic lime will raise the pH, and regular applications of a balanced fertilizer will make the grass grow more vigorously. You might want to try leaving the clippings on the lawn when you mow, to add organic matter and traces of nitrogen to the soil. Compacted soils will slow water drainage so you may want to aerate your lawn to help with the compaction. Once your lawn is growing vigorously and the excess water has an opportunity to drain, you should not have further problems the mold you describe. Good luck with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Geranium maderense"