Germinating Laurentia Sophia - Knowledgebase Question

Jacksonville, AL
Question by John_F_Snyde4
Any tips on getting Laurentia Sophia to germinate? The seeds are like dust, but I've had success with tiny seeds of other plants. I'm working indoors with gro-lites prior to hardening off and setting outside later in the Spring. Are there special heating or lighting requirements to get them to sprout?

0

Laurentia, or Blue Star Creeper, will germinate readily at average household temperatures in a moist environment. Carefully place the seeds on the surface of moistened seed starting mix and cover trays or pots with plastic wrap to help keep the mix moist. As the seedlings sprout, remove the plastic wrap. When two sets of leaves have developed, the roots will be hardy enough to survive transplanting into individual pots. The seeds are erratic to germinate, so exercise some patience. Good luck with your project!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"