oleander shrub - Knowledgebase Question

Port Charlotte, Fl
Question by vrz763me
I asked if I should cut the sucker shoots off the tree, I haven't heard or may have deleted the e-mail you sent not knowing who it was from,it's been over 24 hrs. can you please e-mail an answer to me again.Thank You

0

It's a sad fact, but it's true - sometimes your questions and/or our answers get lost in cyberspace. You can do any amount of pruning to an oleander and it will just come back stronger than it was before. If the suckers are emerging from the base of your oleander tree, you can prune them off at ground level. I've also seen oleander trees where the suckers were allowed to form all around the base of the main stem and then pruned at about 12" high. This gives the tree a topiary look - a green fluffy base, a tall bare stem, then a topknot of foliage and flowers. Whichever you choose to do, your oleander won't mind being pruned.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"