A wild Rose bush - Knowledgebase Question

Westerly, Rh
Question by marcosnstoli
We moved in about a year ago, and noticed there was a lone vine growing on the corner of the house. It bloomed for a week or two and then stopped, I pruned it like I thought but its almost as tall as the house and I'm thinking I should cut it down to the ground before the winter hits and we get snow. I'd like to see it flourish next year better then this year.

0

You can cut the climbing rose down to about 12" above ground level and protect it with a thick mulch of shredded leaves, pine boughs, straw, etc. In the spring it will sprout new stems and should flower right on time. Wait to prune until after your first hard frost. A frost will signal your plant to go into dormancy and you can prune it back at that time. Enjoy your garden!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"