Aspen Tree leaves getting brown spots - Knowledgebase Question

Denver, Co
Question by terridoolitt
Hello, I just purchased 3 aspens from Home Depot. THey are starting to get brown spots on their leaves...anything I can do to stop this? what is it? Will they die? THank you,
Terri

0

Aspen leaf spot, or Marssonina leaf spot, is common on aspen trees in the late summer and autumn. A previous spring of warm, rainy conditions creates the perfect environment for the disease to spread.

To manage aspen leaf spot, rake fallen leaves in the autumn to prevent the spread of the fungus in the spring. Aspen leaf spot is usually not severe enough to warrant the use of fungicide, but if the symptoms occur year after year, apply a product such as Daconil 2787 in the spring when leaves are emerging from the bud. It's too late to apply fungicide once the symptoms are evident. Read and follow label directions carefully. Aspens are very sensitive to many pesticides. If applied incorrectly, pesticides can cause the leaves to turn black.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"