browning cypress pom - Knowledgebase Question

hoffman estates, Il
Question by lagoers
I have a Boulevard Cypress Pom and all the poms are turning brown. If I prune away all the brown I'll have mostly holes in the poms. What should I do? What fertilizer should I use?
Thanks, Linda

0

If all the poms are turning brown I would suspect a root stress of some kind (water stress is most common) or an insect infestation. Pruning will encourage new growth if the roots are healthy and you may not need to prune the dead parts off just yet. Wait to see if new growth emerges in the spring. If it does, you can safely prune away the dead foliage. If no new growth develops, the plant is dead and should be replaced. You can feed cypresses in the spring with a 5-10-10 general purpose fertilizer. Hope yours recover and you see new growth in the spring.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"