New to Florida Gardening - Knowledgebase Question

Valrico, Fl
Question by bscherer05
I live in Zone 9 and just planted a bunch of veggies and strawberries in either pots or topsy turvies. I originally had them in shade during the day because I heard full Florida sun is bad. I have no idea how much sun my veggies should be getting. Is indirect light enough for this zone to produce?

0

Your veggies will need 8 hours of sunshine each day in order to flower and produce fruits. The summer Florida sun can be much too intense for veggies, but sunshine in the fall and winter is not as strong and your plants will be happy in full sunshine. September and October are perfect months for planting your veggies. You should be able to harvest nice crops before the late spring and summer sunshine becomes too intense for your plants. Hope this clarifies things for you!

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Tulips"