mortality - Knowledgebase Question

Maricopa, Ar
Question by hosleyd8c
we have bought several plants, ie: grapes, blueberries, raspberries, all refuse to grow and eventually die. We also had a 30 foot pine, die in less then two weeks. Are we missing something in the soil? We do water.

0

You didn't mention how you prepared the soil for your grapes, blueberries and raspberries so I'm not sure what might have been the problem. In general, these plants need a soil rich in compost or manure or other organic amendments, and they need afternoon shade in your growing region. The hot summer sunshine can bake them to a crisp. Afghan pines are well suited to the desert and as long as they get adequate water will grow happily in a full sun position. A 30 foot tall tree will have an extensive root system so watering can be tricky. If you have a drip system be sure to place emitters beneath the tree in several locations so the entire root system gets its fair share of moisture. I hope you have better success with your plants in the future~

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"