roses - Knowledgebase Question

Sna Antonio, Te
Question by zunigamg
I have a climbing rose plat that is already over 8 feet tall. The truck of the plant is approx., 2 1/2 in dia. will be building where roses are and plan to replant different location. How do i go about it. I am also wanting to trim it down. I have no choice but to replant it.

0

Since you don't have a choice about moving your climbing rose, I hope you can choose the time of the year that you can dig and move the plant. While you can technically dig and transplant at any time of year, if you wait until the rose goes dormant before you dig and move it, the rose will suffer less transplant shock and you'll be able to prune it back prior to digging to make it easier to move. Wait until December when it stops growing and the weather is cool. Prune it back so it's a smaller size, then dig and transplant it into its new home. In the spring you can prune it back a little more if necessary to encourage it to grow in the direction you want the stems and canes to take. Good luck with your move!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"