moles/skunks - Knowledgebase Question

painesville, Oh
Question by onelaw01
I have squishy areas all over my back yard (moles?) and huge patches of bare lawn(skunks). How can I get rid of this mess?

0

Squishy areas can indicate mole tunnels beneath the surface or might indicate poor drainage due to soil compaction. If you see holes in the lawn, and mounds of dirt near the holes, it could be gophers or moles. If you don't see holes and mounds of soil, you may want to simply aerate your lawn to improve the drainage. Moles and gophers are best controlled by setting traps in their main tunnels. Bare patches can be caused by soil compaction, poor drainage, from too much shade, or from poor nutrition. You can vigorously rake the soil (after fixing the underlying cause of the problem) to make sure the grass seeds make good contact with the soil, then overseed your lawn to take care of the bare patches.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Dahlia & Water Hyacinth"