Bradford Pear Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Murrells Inlet, So
Question by Susiet05
Hi My home is in Myrtle Beach,SC and we just planted a Bradford Pear tree. Can you tell me what kind of fertilizer to use and when to do it and how to take care of the tree. I love this type of tree for its flowers!

0

Bradford pear (Pyrus calleryana ?Bradford?) is a spring-flowering tree that is a native of China; the cultivar ?Bradford? is the most commonly planted in South Carolina. Bradford pear grows best in full sun but will tolerate part shade. It requires low-to-medium fertility and it tolerates most soil types and conditions, including occasional wet soils or drought. If you want to feed your tree you can use a 5-10-10 general purpose fertilizer in the springtime, just after your tree finishes flowering. Aside from regular watering, there's not much else required. You can prune your tree if it threatens to become too large. Enjoy your bradford pear!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"