Garden Care - Knowledgebase Question

Franklin Square, Ne
Question by marthamarti
Hello, I live in New York and would like to know which is the care I take for the lawn of my house, especially in this time of year, I'll be very grateful to all the information you can provide me to keep my lawn die for Input from the cold.

Thanks, Martha

0

If you have not fertilized your lawn this fall, you can use a "winterizer" type fertilizer between now and about mid-November to help strengthen it so it can get through the winter weather.

Around Thanksgiving time you can mow your lawn about an half inch or an inch lower than you normally mow. This will be your last mowing of the season.

Don't walk on your lawn when there is snow or frost on the surface - wait until it melts.

If you want a more comprehensive lawn care calendar, Cornell University has a publication you can download if you go to the following website:
http://www.gardening.cornell.e...

Best wishes with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"