Plants that deter scorpions? - Knowledgebase Question

Laveen, Ar
Question by heather_vanc
Are there plants that deter scorpions? Nearly every landscaping option seems to either provide a place for them to hide, attract their food (other bugs) or mean I will need to get my hands in the dirt that is their home. My patio home has a dirt yard and nothing else. Help!

0

I don't think there's a list of plants that will deter scorpions. Some people believe that lavender will deter scorpions and there seems to be some evidence to support this. Try planting lavender around your house and this should help keep the scorpions away, although no one seems certain how it works since they have no real sense of smell.

There is some research, though, indicating that Diatomaceous earth applied to the soil and along the foundation of the house will keep scorpions at bay. Look for it in your garden center and apply according to label directions. Diatomaceous earth is often recommended for keeping slugs, snails and beetles out of the garden. Hope it works well for you!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"