Newly purchased sod - Knowledgebase Question

reno, Ne
Question by pegasus0904
I live in Reno Nevada and purchased sod from my local Home Depot. Unfortunately I do not know what type of grass it is and when I called the store the person I spoke to did not seem to know. I want to make sure that I am caring for it correctly and what it's habits are. Could you please help me to find out the type of grass I've purchased.
Thank you
Dee Dee
Reno, Nevada

0

Your sod is a combination of Kentucky Bluegrass and perennial ryegrass. This mixture is the best for your growing region and is commonly grown in the local sod farms - which is where the sod originated. At this time of year you'll want to mow it lower than usual (about a half inch lower) and apply a winterizer type fertilizer. Aside from regular watering until the snow arrives, there's not much care required. In the spring you can begin watering and mowing regularly. You can feed your lawn with a turfbuilder type fertilizer in April or May. Best wishes with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"