Rose Problem - Knowledgebase Question

Pinellas Park, Fl
Question by meandtheharl
What is the best way to care for my rose bushes, I am having loss of foilage, black spots, lack of budding. I use Miracle Grow for Roses and Ortho Black Spots and Mildew prevention spray. Thanx

0

You can prune your rose bushes back in December to remove most of the diseased canes. Then apply Rose Defense or a similar neem oil based product to help protect the newly emerging stems and leaves. Black spot is a difficult disease to control without regular spray applications. The neem oil will have some residual effect which can keep your roses a little more disease free for a longer period of time. Pruning will open up the plants to better air circulation and more sunshine which can also help stop the spread of the disease. Aside from the above, regular feeding, watering and pruning will help keep your rose bushes as disease free as possible. Best wishes with your roses!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"