cantaloupe - Knowledgebase Question

Jacksonville, Fl
Question by kaygfox
Some of my new fruit is starting to turn yellow. In my summer garden I don't remember them doing this...what am I doing wrong? Thanks

0

It's difficult to diagnose the problem with your cantaloupes without actually seeing them. Sunscald can cause the fruits to develop yellow blotches or areas, especially on the top side; overmaturity can cause them to turn yellow all over. Size does not indicate maturity so even if they are small, they may be overmature. Incomplete pollination can cause newly forming fruit to yellow and drop off the vines. If the leaves and stems look healthy, I suspect there's a problem with the individual fruits rather than a problem with the entire plant. I'd cut away the yellowing fruits and give the plant an opportunity to direct its energy into developing healthy new fruits. Good luck with your cantaloupes!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"