Potted Plants in Winter - Knowledgebase Question

Watertown, Co
Question by holycrosskid
Hello! I was wondering what I should do about my potted plants this winter. I have a Dwarf Tophat Blueberry Plant and a Goji Berry Shrub. They are both hardy in my area (Northwestern CT) but I'm afraid that the soil might dry out over the winter and kill them. Should I bring them inside for the winter? Does that upset their seasonal balance? Thank you!

0

Don't take your plants indoors. They won't be happy inside. Instead, sink the pots into the ground where natural rainfall can keep the soil moist (and the earth can help insulate the roots so they don't freeze). Once they go dormant this winter and the ground freezes, they won't require much water but as the snow melts and the ground thaws, they will get as much water as they need to help them come out of dormancy and begin to grow. When you see new growth you can unearth the pots and set them in their normal places in the garden, and water them as you normally do. Best wishes with your plants!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"