annuals - Knowledgebase Question

ellenwood, Ge
Question by roszie3
I was given to large hibiscus trees. I had a pair in the ground before and they died. these are in pots outside how to I keep them through out the winter. They have big roots and stand 4feet tall

0

There are two types of hibiscus: tropical with glossy green leaves, and hardy with dull green leaves. Hardy hibiscus will winter over in your garden; tropical hibiscus is frost tender and will need to be kept indoors through the winter months. If you have hardy hibiscus, there's nothing you need to do to ensure your plants get through the winter. If you have tropical hibiscus, you'll need to take the plants indoors where temperatures remain about 70 degrees. Place them in a bright spot, near a south or west facing window, and water them when the top halfinch of soil dries out. In the spring you can take them back outdoors again and they will bloom for you most of the spring and summer months. Good luck with your hibiscus!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"