Majesty Palm - Knowledgebase Question

Aberdeen, Ma
Question by tann99_21
I am consider purchasing a Majesty Palm and would like to make sure that the location that I have in mind would meet the criteria of taking care of it. I have a 20ft wall with 2 columns of 2 (5ft windows) and 2 (3ft windows) above that. So that should be plenty of light. My question is I plan to put the palm in a corner wall about 20 feet away from the window, giving it a shady area w/little light

0

Majesty palms prefer medium light which equates to a room that is bright all day, but not necessarily with direct sun. Usually this means a room with several windows and or a skylight. This is a room where you would be able to read comfortably all day without needing artificial lights. While it will grow in a lower light level, the growth will be slower than if it were sitting in a well lit room. If you find the palm leaning toward the light source you can give the pot a quarter of a turn each time you water it. Or, you can move it closer to the source of light. Good luck with your palm!

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"