Ret some plants - Knowledgebase Question

Cincinnati, Oh
Question by bitza0044
Yes I would like to know where I can get some plants or tree from Australia.. I know the conditions are different from here to Australia but there are some plants that do tolerate cold weather.. Can you please help me.. William Dorl

0

You're right, a number of plants growing in Australia will adapt to growing in the USA. Irises top the list, Banksia roses, ferns, orchids and acacia are also listed. I think the best place to start is with the following website which will describe the various plants that grow well in Australia: http://www.anbg.gov.au/gardens...

Once you've narrowed down the list of plants you'd like, those that are adaptable to your winter cold, you can start searching for them locally. Irises should be easy to find; eucalyptus, not so easy!

Best wishes with your search!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"