wood chuck - Knowledgebase Question

Teaneck, Ne
Question by jmeyer1
What can I do to discourage a woodchuck from eating my plants and shrubs?

0

I understand your frustration! I live in the country and the same thing has happened to me. The most reliable long term solution is a fence. Other gardeners have had success using repellents for both deer and other animals, usually the commercial ones but sometimes homemade recipes involving eggs and garlic and red pepper. Yes, they do need to be applied -- and reapplied -- per the label instructions. The length of time varies with the different products. I would caution you strongly about the woodchuck(s). They are wild animals, are unpredictable and can be suddenly vicious and attack for no apparent reason. You might want to get a professional to help with removal, if that's the course you want to take because even if you use a live trap, moving the trap and letting it out can be tricky.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Lilac"