outdoor lighting - Knowledgebase Question

Los Angeles, Ca
Question by bernsteinis
Most solar lights give off very little light. Is there a solar light that is brighter then most?

0

I'm afraid you've hit the nail on the head. Most solar lights barely glow but those that do put out decent light have super-bright LED bulbs. The best on the market have multiple light bulbs behind a single reflector. These can run upwards of $40 per unit, though, so shopping around is your best course of action. There are also packages that include two or more lights plus a remote solar panel so you can adjust the panel as the seasons change to gather as much solar energy as possible. This translates into brighter lights with longer staying power. There are also outdoor lighting systems with back-up batteries. The solar panel changes the batteries and the lights run off the batteries. Just shop around and I'm sure you'll find just the right solar lights for your landscape.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"