fiddle leaf fig code IHDAD159 - Knowledgebase Question

salem, In
Question by dliebert
i had asked this question before when i got this plant, the leaves are still falling off, some of the ones that fall have a big dark brown spot on then,some have a big hole in them. i put it in a west window for a few day's,didn't help now it is about 30ft facing east window. I don't want to lose this pretty plant but i don't know what to do.sorry to be such a bother. Thank's

0

No bother at all - in fact, I'm glad you stopped by again! Fiddle leaf fig plants tend to lose their oldest, lowest leaves, they are especially sensitive to being moved, and sunscald from direct sunshine on the leaves can cause brown areas to develop in the leaves. Now that you've moved it away from the west facing window, it won't be as susceptible to the browning leaves (which I think is a reaction to the sunshine). It can take a new plant a few weeks, sometimes months, to adjust to growing in your home. This is because the light levels, humidity and temperature can be much different than where it was growing before. Fiddle leaf figs don't like cold drafts or heat from AC/heater vents or frequently opened outside doors so make sure your plant is in a spot protected from these. They appreciate consistent soil moisture so you need to water on a regular basis (no feast or famine in terms of water), but at the same time you don't want to keep the soil saturated so developing just the right frequency of watering can be a challenge. Try watering thoroughly, then allowing the top half inch of soil to dry out before watering again. When you do water, apply enough that it freely drains out of the bottom of the pot. Wish I had other suggestions for you but at this point just allowing it to acclimate to its new growing spot, removing the fallen leaves and watering it when necessary is about all you can to do help it regain its health. Good luck with your plant!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"