Myer's Lemon Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Port St. Lucie, Fl
Question by alcaracu2
I have lemons on the tree, but there are no more leaves, just the lemons which are still a bit green. once the lemons are ripe what should be done with potted dwarf tree, is it sick? or it this normal once it has bear fruit? as also appreciate your knowledge. thanks

0

It is normal for your Meyer lemon to shed its oldest leaves throughout the growing season but is not normal for it to lose all its leaves all at once. This can happen if the tree suffers from water stress or if it is overfertilized, which can burn the leaves and cause them to drop off. Lemons take several months to ripen so with any luck at all the fruit will be okay, but the tree won't survive too many months without foliage. I'd water on a regular basis and hope that new leaves develop soon!

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Tulips"