FRUIT & VEGETABLE - Knowledgebase Question

meriden, Co
Question by jaustin1074
What soil composition and fertalizer should I creat and use for my fig bushes and my horseradish roots in order to get a good harvest?

0

Horseradish roots grow deep so you'll want to cultivate the bed deeply to encourage healthy root growth. Spread 2-3 inches of compost or other organic matter over the top of the bed and dig it in to a depth of 8-10 inches. The compost will provide all the nutrients your horseradish roots will need. If you also fertilize, you can end up with tough and hollow roots. Just mix compost into the soil and after planting, spread more compost over the bare soil between the plants. Your fig bushes will also be happy with this arrangement so prepare a large bed and plant them both in the same bed. Hope you have a great harvest.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"