Stinkbugs - Knowledgebase Question

Demarest, Ne
Question by jesserosenbe
how do I control stinkbugs in the garden and in my house with out poisions.

0

Companion planting is one of the best methods to prevent stink bugs from getting into your garden. This is done by planting herbs and other natural deterrent plants with your vegetables or flowers that will repel stink bugs, such as marigolds, chrysanthemums, garlic, lavender, mints and thyme. Another method that will keep stink bugs off your plants and deter them from your garden is to simply wash the plants with straight water on a daily basis for about a week.

Indoors, vacuuming them up and disposing of the vacuum bag (don't leave it indoors!) can reduce the population. It's important to seal up any cracks around the doors and windows, too, so they cannot enter your home.

For additional control suggestions, contact your local cooperative extension office or visit their website: http://bergen.njaes.rutgers.ed...

Good luck with your project!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Lilac"