pablano pepper - Knowledgebase Question

Alvin, Te
Question by grannybeeper
I bought a pablano/ancho pepper plant from home depot, It has regular green peppers and also some that look like bishops cap or squash red. Are they ready at different times? The red ones are small and hot, the green ones are not near ready. Do you know what they are?

0

I'm not exactly sure what kind of pepper plant you are growing. The poblano is a mild chile pepper when fresh. When dried it is called an ancho chile. The fruit of these Mexican peppers is remarkably variable both in size and taste. Mature pods from the same plant can measure from 3 to 6 inches in length. They are generally mild. Immature fruit will be a purplish green. When ripe, it will be nearly black. They are wide at the top and taper to a point at the blossom end. Bishop's Crown
produces good yields of 1 and one-half inch long by 3" wide three sided hot peppers. These peppers turn from light green, to orange, to red when mature and they are quite hot. There is a plant called an ornamental pepper that produces different sized and different colored peppers all on the same plant. Or, it may be that you have two different plants growing close enough together that it looks like a single plant. Whatever you are growing, just continue to harvest the peppers as they mature and your plant(s) will continue to flower and produce fruits.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"