heuchera - Knowledgebase Question

kennesaw, Ge
Question by mst31
i want to have a container garden on my porch which is shaded. would heuchera be a good choice as a perennial in the pot. i am in zone 7. georgia, i want color there. also what would be a good companion plants in the pot

0

Heuchera is shade tolerant but will also take a little sunshine. My favorite is Caramel. It is much more heat- and humidity-tolerant than other Heucheras, and its vigorous growth of honey-apricot leaves and clusters of light pink blooms will keep the shade garden colorful from spring through fall. The new leaves unfurl bright gold in spring, covered with a fine down that remains on the leaves as the seasons change. With warmer weather, the leaves take on apricot hues, making the plant glow even more warmly. And in midsummer clusters of whitish-pink blossoms arise on slender 18-inch stems. Heuchera is a native American plant, and this unusual species (H. villosa) is native to the Southeast, so you know Caramel is prepared to take some heat and humidity. Along with Caramel Heuchera, you might plant hardy begonia and woodland phlox. Enjoy your container garden!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"